I often get asked what are the most common issues that I see in the office. Here’s a little David Letterman style Top Five List (yes, I’m old enough to remember when David Letterman was funny and not a crazy old man).
- FRONT RIB PAIN. I see this often enough that I’m never surprised that it is an issue. The pain usually occurs along the chest bone or an inch or two outside of there. It can be a sharp pain when you breath or move, and it usually is quite painful. A specific adjustment can help fix this condition and make it not scary to sneeze.
- SHOULDER PAIN. Shoulders fickle by nature. Nolan Ryan could throw a bajillion pitches in his career, but my shoulder aches after one snowball. The shoulder pain can start after a trauma, or it can come out of seemingly nowhere. Whatever the cause, chiropractic treatments, massage techniques, and exercises can help you rehab.
- HEADACHES. Headaches are terrible. They can shut you down. They can make you irritable, grumpy, and cranky. I hate to hear someone tell me that they have “normal” headaches. There is no such thing as a normal headache and that tells me that they are so used to pain that it has become a normal, expected part of their life. Many headaches are caused by dysfunctional joints in the neck that create pain and tension that leads to headaches. Adjustments are a great way to treat most headaches.
- NECK PAIN. Neck pain is usually accompanied by headaches, but not always. Sometimes there is pain traveling into the shoulder or arm, or shooting into the back and shoulder blade. Neck pain can make it hard to think, drive, or even sleep. Chiropractic care has been shown to be an effective and safe treatment for neck pain.
- BACK PAIN. There is a reason that chiropractors are readily associated with back pain. It’s what we do, and we do it pretty well. Studies have shown that chiropractic treatments are effective on low back pain, and chiropractic can even help prevent surgeries. Workers tend to miss less time from work if they seek chiropractic as their first line of defense.
There are many other conditions that we see at the office, but these are the most common (at least I think so. I haven’t really kept track and I don’t know how to look it up). Give us a call if you have an issue from this list. Give us a call if you have something going on that is not on the list and we can talk about whether or not chiropractic care can help!